CLASP and the Policy Partners Compare Global Appliance Energy Efficiency Standards and Labels
- Igc Policymaker Summary
- Improving Global Comparability
- Igc Annex1 Overview Table
- Igc Annex2 Product Fact Sheets
- Igc Annex2 Product Fact Sheets Introduction
- Igc Annex2 Product Fact Sheets Household Appliances
- Igc Annex2 Product Fact Sheets Lighting
- Igc Annex2 Product Fact Sheets Ce Ict
- Igc Annex2 Product Fact Sheets Space Water Heating
- Igc Annex2 Product Fact Sheets Cre
- Igc Annex2 Product Fact Sheets Cooking
- Igc Annex2 Product Fact Sheets Motors Pumps Fans
- Igc Annex2 Product Fact Sheets Transformers
- Igc Annex2 Product Fact Sheets Misc
Comparing energy performance requirements for appliances from country to country is difficult because of variations in product definitions, misaligned energy test procedures, and divergent efficiency metrics. This complex landscape can prevent policymakers from identifying or adopting global best practices in appliance energy efficiency policy.
To address this challenge, CLASP and the Policy Partners, along with many other technical product experts, collected data to compare appliance energy efficiency policies, test methods, and efficiency metrics for more than 100 products across nine economies—Australia, China, the European Union, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, and the United States.
The resulting analysis represents the largest and most comprehensive comparison of energy standards and labels ever compiled. It describes which product policies are comparable across economies; which are not; and which could be. It is intended to provide policymakers and experts with useful tools for analyzing country data at a macro-level and to enable more informed decisions about the most appropriate policies.
The results are presented in several components:
- The Policymakers' Summary provides an overview of the analysis.
- The webinar provides additional insights from the report authors.
- The full report, Improving Global Comparability of Appliance Energy Efficiency Standards and Labels, contains the background, methodology, and high-level product specific information.
- Annex 1: Overview Table (Microsoft Excel file) contains quantitative information for all products.
- Annex 2: Product Fact Sheets contains additional product-by-product detail.