Find CLASP at the Global Off-Grid Solar Forum & Expo
Interested in learning more about our work in the off-grid solar sector? CLASP's international team is excited to join our partners at the 2020 Global Off-Grid Solar Forum next week, 18- 20 February in Nairobi, Kenya. Hosted by GOGLA and the World Bank’s Lighting Global Program, the forum is the premier meeting of the off-grid solar sector, providing a unique platform for knowledge exchange, networking and showcasing off-grid solar products and services.
Throughout the forum, CLASP will be representing the Efficiency for Access Coalition, sharing new Global LEAP Awards opportunities, coordinating sessions, leading discussions and side events on a variety of technologies and market topics, as well as launching something exciting! Our team can also be found at the Efficiency for Access Coalition and Quality Assurance booths in the Exhibition Hall.
Join our sessions, meet the team, and learn more about CLASP’s work accelerating our transition to a more sustainable world:
- Tuesday, 18 Feb., 1 pm, Exhibition Hall: CLASP and partners will give an introduction to a new quality assurance program for off-grid modern energy solutions, the evolved program of Lighting Global Quality Assurance.
- Tuesday, 18 Feb., 1:30-3:00 pm, Bougainville: CLASP's Elisa Lai will speak on the panel Consumer-centric technology: The next wave of off-grid solar products and services. She will discuss technology trends in the sector and celebrate the consumer-focused innovations that are bringing new products and services while reducing costs.
- Tuesday, 18 Feb., 5:30-9 pm, Industry Reception: CLASP and partners will give voice to the industry’s ongoing needs for quality assurance and rally support for the new quality assurance program that serves the sector.
- Wednesday, 19 Feb., 2-3:30 pm, Jambo I: CLASP’s Makena Ireri will speak on the panel Open solar: a new paradigm to enhance consumer value and drive appliance market growth. Makena will discuss the benefits and challenges of technology compatibility and interoperability in the sector, drawing from road mapping activities carried out by the Efficiency for Access coalition
- Thursday 20 Feb 1:30- 3:00 pm (Mt. Kenya D): CLASP, as part of the DRE network with host a session Powerful Research; Powerful Advocacy. The goal of the network is to improve knowledge sharing, networking and coordination on research and data analysis in the sector. Makena Ireri will lead a discussion on how the sector can ensure it puts research into action and get it to the right audiences.
- Thursday, 20 February, 9:00 – 10:30 am, Jambo 1: CLASP is collaborating with the Energy Saving Trust to organize a session on Unlocking Higher levels of energy access: achieving market scale for appliance and productive use. CLASP’s Jeff Stottlemyer and Jenny Corry Smith will make a series of announcements from the Efficiency for Access Coalition and provide an overview of how the off-grid appliance sector has matured since the last GOGLA forum. Rose Mutiso, who serves on CLASP’s Board of Directors, will moderate a panel discussion with representatives from industry and the donor and investor community.
- Thursday, 20 February, 11:00 – 12:30, Jambo 1: CLASP is partnering with the Modern Energy Cooking Services Programme and World Bank ESMAP to host a session on electric cooking. CLASP's Sam Grant will discuss the Global LEAP Awards Electric Pressure Cooker Competition.
- Thursday, 20 February, 11:00 – 12:30, Jambo II: CLASP is co-hosting a session on productive use technologies—including solar water pumps, refrigeration, cold chain, and agricultural processing. This session will be mostly discussion based, with breakout groups discussing innovations and challenges for each of these technologies.
- Thursday, 20 February, 1:30-3:00 pm, 1: Members of the CLASP team will host a session on how to evolve quality assurance to meet the off-grid solar sector’s growing needs. Topics will include how to expand the existing QA framework to cover a broader range of products, such as appliances and productive uses. During the session, CLASP will take feedback on what product data and services are needed.
Find out more about the event.